Finding study aids in the library
How to find a study aid in the library:
1. Browse the shelves in the Academic Support Program areas for 1L (yellow tape) ■ and 2L/3L (green tape) ■ materials. Both areas are in the Reading Room as you enter the library (on the 2nd floor).
- These materials are shelved in call number order.
- They check out for one day.
- Additional copies may be available on Reserve (please inquire at the Circulation Desk).
- There are also study aids for additional subject areas in Reserve (older editions of these may be in the stacks). A complete list of West's Nutshells on Reserve is here.
2. Browse this guide for individual titles and to check availability.
- 1L study aids are arranged by subject. See "1L Academic Support Program" tab. ■
- 2L/3L study aids are arranged by series (Nutshells, Q&A, etc.). See "2L/3L Academic Support Program" tab. ■
- To check for availability, please click/tap on the title then click/tap on "Get It."
3. Older editions may be available in the stacks (on the 3rd or 1st floor).
- These can be checked out longer and often have very similar content.
4. CDs are also available on Reserve (please inquire at the Circulation Desk).
- These check out for one day.
- See the "CDs" tab for an alphabetical list of titles.
5. Search the catalog by individual title, by series, or by type of study aid.
- To type a keyword search for a title in the Law Library, please click/tap here (you will be asked for your ID and password).
- To search by series, type in the name of the series (e.g. "Understanding") and "study aids"-- a sample search is here.
- To search by the type of study aid, or genre, you can type in "study aids" or "hornbooks" or "casebooks" (or click/tap on these links).
- Hornbooks (full length) and casebooks are shelved either in Reserve or in the stacks (on the 3rd or 1st floor).
Go to a page on this guide
Google Books Search
Recommended for 1Ls
The Academic Support Program has many titles with tips and expert advice on studying, writing, and taking exams which you may find useful during your first year at Willamette.
Click here to see the full list of books on how to succeed in law school.
Some of the titles available in the Academic Support Program (shelved in the Reading Room on the 2nd floor as you enter the library) are:
KF287 .M38 2009
KF283 .N69 2008
KF283 .G35 2010
KF283 .M66 2010
KF283 .S354 2008
KF283 .F56 2008
KF283 .P37 2010
KF283 .H53 2011
KF283 .B87 2008
KF283 .R37 2010
KF386 .S44 2009
KF283 .I35 2007
KF283 .C48 2011
KF283 .F35 2003
KF283 .W35 2010
KF283 .R36 2010
KF283 .G46 2009